Doing recommended exercises could be a sure way to improve your physical health. As of now, the figures are alarming. Here is why. A research done by The Lancet links the lack of physical inactivity to 53 million worldwide deaths.
Also, another research showed that over 80% of American adults do not do recommended exercises. While statistics may not always be perfect, it is still a huge percentage. Probably you may be thinking that you are focusing on important activities. But it is exercising that matter. So, do these physical exercises and see your physical health improve.
If push-ups were done correctly every day, then people would have experienced surprising results. This exercise works on the biceps, triceps, forearm, and the chest. While there are many types of push-ups, you can always start with the basic method, and then advance later.
To do a basic push-up, let your hands and toes touch the floor with the two feet apart. Keep your legs straight. Then, keep your arms at a right angle to the floor. Lower your chest, then go up to the original position.
This exercise strengthens your heart, and joints of the upper body. In addition, push-ups help to prevent lower back injuries. Pain in the lower back is common among people who sit for long hours.
2. Hiking: Hiking is tiring and terrific. But when compared to other exercises, it is simple. The activity involves walking, usually at your pace. Hiking is best done in a group. Fortunately, there are myriads of hiking clubs you can join. Just check out travel blogs, their features, and then choose a plan that works for you.
It is of equal importance to understand what you are doing. Before diving headlong into hiking, research your desired destination. Pay attention to the vegetation, the sun, and the general weather. You will also need water.
Hiking improves the strength of bones. In addition, it enhances blood circulation, removing blood toxins through sweat.
3. Yoga: Yoga is known for easing digestion, healing back pains, prevent hypertension and diabetes. Yoga is widely practiced in India, Thailand, Mexico, and Indonesia. But in our postmodern world, it is even possible to have live online Yoga sessions, regardless of the country.
When doing yoga, you will need a mat, which gives a better platform than a floor. Remember to wear elastic clothes that can stretch without being torn. Once you find the perfect environment and resources, practice different Yoga positions recommended by trainers.
4. Sit-Ups: This exercise is primarily meant to strengthen the abdominal parts. If you spare at least 20 minutes a day for sit-ups every day, you will experience its benefits. People should also focus on the quality of sit-ups, rather than quantity. Quality deals with correct positions whereas quantity is the number of sit-ups.
Here is the correct way of doing this exercise. On an exercising mat, lie on your back, and put your hands behind the head. Now raise your knee and leave considerable distance between the hip, and the feet. While maintaining the hands behind the head, sit upright. Then lie towards the mat with your back, but the back should not touch the floor. This process is done continuously.
5. Running: This is the simplest exercise but with fringe benefits. The most interesting part is that the more you run, you increase the ability to cover more distance. Running is best done in the morning. You can run in around your compound anytime you want. Alternatively, visit a sports stadium and join a running group.
Running strengthens the heart, and improves blood flow in the body. This exercise will make sweat trickle out of your body. For this reason, carry a face towel to wipe out the excess sweat. When done, take a cold shower and do your daily activities. Running is a sure way to prevent obesity.
People swim for various reasons. It could be for recreation, sports or just to cool the body. Regardless of the intention, there are health benefits associated with swimming. Studies prove that swimming exercises both the heart and the lungs. In addition, it also builds muscles from the forearm to the limbs. If you have access to swimming locations, swim as many times as you can. But also practice water safety whenever you swim.
7. Standing and Balance: In reality, age catches up with us. Most seniors may find it difficult to run, swim, or walk. So, balance exercises are designed to help them achieve basic body balance. Exercising seniors is a gradual process. After achieving a perfect body balance, seniors can slowly start walking, jogging, and eventually run. You should also understand that exercises go hand in hand with food and sleep. The trio works like magic.
As can be seen, these exercises are simple. The Recovery Centers of America rehabilitates patients addicted to drugs. Exercising is one way that keeps addicted people busy. Take 3 favorite exercises and do them every day. It is also good to increase the quantity of these exercises as you progress. For instance, if you do 10 push-ups today, you can add 3 more the following day. That is how exercising will improve your physical health.