Listen asshole, I've had it up to my messy bun with you and your dangerously ignorant comments about children with autism and their parents. You know who you are. If you're reading this because someone shared it on social media, maybe that's because they wanted YOU to read it. Here's what you need to know:
1. You are a righteous son of a prick. You think because you raised a typical child you have the right to make offensive suggestions to a parent who is barely hanging on in a world that can be aggressively offensive to their child? This makes you a bully but my child would still play with you.
2. You lack a true education in autism and until the day when your beloved grandchild receives his diagnosis, shut your cake hole. This makes you a loud mouth but my child would still play with you.
3. Autism does, at times, make a child look like a brat and a parent look permissive. We have told you that, over and over. This is one of the most painful parts of this disorder. Our children cannot fall in line. The line rejects them. YOU created the line but my child would still play with you.
4. No matter what the internet says (even here), you can ONLY get legitimate information about autism from those who live it or those who spend their lives studying it. This makes you an idiot but my child would still play with you.
5. You are coming across as a pompous, uneducated, know-it-all stupid head but my child would still play with you.
6. Your friends look at each behind your back when you say offensive things about other people's parenting. They are embarrassed for you but my child would still play with you.
7. I would sooner brunch with Kim and Kanye but my child would still play with you.
Do you get my meaning? Do you understand that these children are good and innocent and exhibit herculean effort to exist in a world where people like you make the rules? Do you understand that no matter what you say or believe, our children would still see you as a person who is safe, kind, fun and worthy of their love? They have a lot of love to give, you know. I can't say the same for myself, but then you already knew that.
So, kick in. Wouldn't you rather be their friend than their oppressor; their hero rather than their condemner? Imagine the good you could do with that attitude of yours.
Oh, and sorry about the stupid head comment, kinda.
Happy Mail to:
27 Wellington Row
Saint John, NB
I've been a tad overwhelmed with teaching Kindergarten during a pandemic (masks and all) butttttttt, I have not forgotten my sweet patr https://www.patreon.com/sunnyandsinclair
Grace and Kate's mom. (Shanell)