5 THINGS THAT BROKE MY HEART
2. Learning that our province would only fund/support one form of treatment (ABA). A treatment that we don't entirely agree with. See: Hey ABA or Not the Lighter Side of Things.
3. Realizing that Grace was getting left behind in all of it and hearing her ask me why Kate still acts like a baby. See: A Letter for Grace.
4. Watching Alex fight so hard to organize Kate's treatment and reach roadblock after roadblock. See: The Brick Wall and Autism Treatment.
5. Waiting and wondering if Kate will ever make friends or be invited to a birthday party. This topic deserves its own post and it is coming but for now: parents out there; listen up. Invite every kid in the class for Christ's sake. How hard is that? And if you know someone who is not doing that, call them an asshole, to their face, with your fist.
5 THINGS THAT MENDED IT
2. Watching Grace take charge of Team Kate and help design the logo and take pride in being team Captain. Watching Grace so patiently love her little sister that it could make you weep.
3. Our amazing family. There is no way we could manage half of what we do without them. They take Kate to appointments and help with her diet. They are helping build her sensory room. They watch the girls so we can go to the movies or out with friends. They support us in every imaginable way.
4. Kate's progress and her amazing little personality. See: 5 Lessons on How to Live A Good Life From a Little Girl With Autism.
5. Every single one of you amazing Blog readers. I swear to God when I started this bog I hoped for around ten visitors. I figured, if Kate's therapists or doctors or close family members wanted to keep up to date on her progress they could check in here. We had a few more than ten visitors. We've had over 4000 hits in about 6 weeks. Thank you so much.